CHEMEX® Bonded Filters PRE-FOLDED SQUARES, NATURAL (FSU-100)
- Free Shipping on orders $30+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Chemex filters remove even the finest sediment particles as well as undesirable oils and fats. The formulation of the filter permits the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate - not too slow, not too fast. Good infusion of the coffee grounds (as in brewing and steeping tea) gives coffee a richer flavor while at the same time making possible precise fractional extraction: filtering out the undesirable components which make coffee bitter by allowing only the desirable flavor elements of the coffee bean to pass through.
The Chemex filter is folded into a cone shape, exactly as in laboratory techniques. This assures uniform extraction since the water filters through all the grounds on its way to the apex of the cone. The Chemex filter is guaranteed not to burst under the weight of the liquid during filtration, and not to break when lifting out the grounds.
Fully-bodied, richer flavor, from less coffee, and as strong as you like without bitterness - that's what the Chemex filter gives you.
- Cone-shape ensures uniform extraction for pure coffee flavor.
- Thicker filters (20-30% more than the competition).
- Pre-folded for convenience.
- Works well with all types of roasts- even tea! Allowing you to make the perfect and most pure cup, every time.
- Chemex filter paper is manufactured in the USA and uses only USA materials; responsibly harvested and conforming to SFI, FSC, and PEFC sustainable programs.
- Compostable and biodegradable.
- Fits all CHEMEX Coffeemakers except three-cup.
About the Brand
Chemex Coffeemakers are a classic design spawning from 1941 and have been around almost as long as the first pour over that was patented in 1908 by Amalie Auguste Melitta Bentz. Chemex was created by a chemist whose passion was to create a coffee brewer combination that was simple and made of a non-porous glass that was both durable and elegant for users. So genius was the original design, that nothing has changed about the Chemex coffee maker in over 70 years! The Chemex coffeemaker, together with the filter, makes perfect coffee; flavourful and without bitterness or sediment every time. Coffee only comes in contact with the scientifically designed filter and non-porous glass. With the Chemex method, you can make coffee as strong as you like without bitterness.